Thursday, January 21, 2010

Along The Way

Ok, so I decided I needed to tell my day to day stories with someone, somewhere. I Go to Utah Valley University and it is the cherry on top for people watching. I can sit for hours on end sometimes even missing a class watching the people there. They make quite the company! I park, on purpose, on the opposite end of campus just so I can walk through the crowds picking favorites.
Here are some of my favorite this past week:
+The boy who was ferociously coming towards the main front doors on roller blades so quickly that he almost hit the door face first. I stopped to see what he was going to do when he got inside.. was he going to put on shoes? I was so curious.. I watched as he somehow hit the handicap button, with pretty good aim I must say, and to my disappointment but sudden laughter out loud he went right on his way! Rollerblading as fast as he could right down the hall of flags trying to dodge the people in his way.

+There is this boy I see everywhere.. I see him at the grocery store, I see him on campus, I see him at Pizza Pie Cafe, I see him every place you can imagine. After seeing him regularly for a good week or so I begin to think we are friends and want to call out to him or say hello each time I see him.. this however is not the case. I do not know his name, I doubt he even knows I exist, and we certainly are not even acquaintances.. we are nothing. Not even to my surprise, he is in my Biology class. He sat in front of me yesterday and we had our first words.. he has Jesus as the background of his computer.

+Sitting in Biology singing to myself and the boy next to me asks me if I said something.. kind of embarrassed I said, "Oh sorry I just have a song stuck in my head I can't get out.." He then, raising one eye brow says, "Don't worry, you wouldn't feel dumb right now if you knew what I was doing this morning.." Taken off guard and very curious it took me about a minute to ask him.. "what exactly were you doing, DAN" with conviction and improving his posture he clears his throat and says he was doing British accents talking to himself in the car and laughing so hard about it he had to pull over.. oh my heavens! He is now my "study buddy" (in a British accent)

+The girl who walks the halls in the as-short-as-they-get-without-being-a-belt-loop-jean- 'shorts' (in the winter time), army combat boots, and fish net tights. She was walking with her matted blond hair straight towards me and without missing a beat or thinking whatsoever I sing aloud "HEY MAMA HEY MAMA!" After realizing what I just did, I picked up the pace of my step.. yikes!

+ The teacher who wants to do a good dead so he sees the trash in the trash can is overflowing. He tries to balance himself with his roller backpack and the trashcan lip while he picks up his leg and shoves it right down into the bottom of the trashcan. Losing his balance he falls over slightly but catches himself with his rolling backpack, love those, and takes all the trash he put into the trashcan out on the floor with his leg.. nice job little boy blue.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I was there for the Hey mama hey mama thing. I feel very perivliged.

    ReplyDelete