Monday, January 25, 2010

So There's This Boy...

So I am in an institute class everyday, Monday through Friday. Meaning some days i go home and sleep instead of attending because i feel like its a good justification. I went to my Teachings of President Thomas S. Monson the first week and like any first day of class it was dead silent and no one talked to each other. we were all standing in line to sign the role and the boy in front of me chuckles to himself and says with a gulp, "wow it sure is quiet in here!" trying to break the "awkward" (even though it hardly was) tension.. I, being the closest one to him, felt the need to respond.. so i just smiled. He then sat himself right next to me and asked me all the questions that Randolph asked me.. this was about 2 weeks ago. Now, I have been exhausted every Tuesday and Thursday because of my ever so early biology class at 8:30 so i haven't been back since that first day. Well last Thursday i took the plunge and decided it was time to stop being inactive from the prophets teachings and attend because honestly, it is an amazing class. i took a 2 hour nap in the upstairs of the institute building while i waited between classes and the minute i walked in, this particular boy i met the first day waved me down and i had no other choice, i stumbled over the stray feet and back packs to the end of the row to sit by him. during the lesson there was a quote that i absolutely loved and was scurrying to get all the words down before the slide was changed. This gentleman of a guy next to me was quicker than i was and got the last sentence that i was missing. i asked him if i could copy it and after i was done he took his clicker pen, leaned in closely, dipped his head, and coughed... tapping his pen to the lower left hand corner of his notebook. written in very sloppy hardly readable handwriting i read, "whats your #?"
how do i ALWAYS get in these situations with people i DON'T want to give my number to.. why can't any of the cute boys ask? i see this boy two times a week.. blahhh so i wrote it very fast and rushed out! on my way out i heard the mumble, "i'm trying to be bold meghan!" in an almost yell... woah.
so he texted me about 5 minutes after the fact, the clever "testing 123 testing 123" text. i never replied. i forgot to be honest. he has texted me about 4 or 5 times since he got my number and i take a good... 24 hours? to reply. oops. well today he texted me asking me out to dinner this weekend and i never texted back (is that horrible?) and i fell asleep in the institute building and woke up right before Book of Mormon. i put the hood of my coat over my head without the arms in and stumbled off to class. with my eyes closed and half way asleep still trying to wake up i ran head first into a boy in the hallway! i think i should stop closing my eyes... i looked up and to end my perfect day, i rub my eyes to see KEVIN!

2 comments:

  1. I love that when I read your blog I can hear you telling the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's Kevin? "I'm trying to be bold Meghan" Kevin or "Kevin, go find your babies" Kevin.

    ReplyDelete